Protecting What Matters Most
Macomb County Family Law Attorney
Helping Clients in Clinton Township, Macomb Township, Shelby Township, Sterling Heights, & Utica Resolve Their Family-Related Legal Issues
The legal system can be difficult to navigate for those without training. Attempting to handle high-stakes family law matters on your own will only lead to frustration and disappointment during an already difficult time. Paul S. Kowal, P.C. has years of experience handling family matters in Macomb County and can help guide you through this legal process. Our firm understands that when your family is facing a stressful or devastating legal issue, worrying about your representation is the last thing you want to think about. Let our skilled and experienced attorney take this legal burden off your hands while you focus on healing your family.
Contact our office today at (586) 333-3446 to receive your complimentary initial consultation.
Experienced in Collaborative Divorce
Over Three Decades of Experience
Free Initial Consultation
Our Areas of Practice Include:
- Child Custody & Visitation: Parents who end their relationship sometimes need to legally create a custody and visitation arrangement that works for all parties involved. Our attorney can help you ensure your child’s best interests are upheld while you determine how to create this agreement.
- Collaborative Divorce: This type of divorce allows spouses to work together to determine the terms of their divorce. Commonly, collaborative divorce is more family centered than a traditional litigated divorce where often third parties make the decisions for your family.
- Divorce: Our compassionate lawyer will help you ensure your needs and wishes are thoroughly represented during your divorce proceeding. We will help you obtain a positive outcome to your case.
- Divorce Mediation: Mediation, like collaborative divorce, is a divorce process that allows the parties to negotiate their case outside of court. Our attorney will help you and your spouse come to important decisions to complete your divorce.
- Prenuptial Agreements: This type of legal document allows couples to determine certain divorce-related decisions before they get married.
- QDROs: A qualified domestic relations order benefits is a document necessary for a couple to divide retirement benefits after they divorce. Our attorney can assist you in negotiating a favorable award or retirement assets.
- Spousal Support (Alimony): Our lawyer can help you determine if spousal support is necessary for your situation and help you calculate an amount that works for all parties involved.
- Step-Parent Adoption: We can help step-parents legally adopt their spouse’s child.
Hear From Our Clients
Paul was fantasticDavid K.
I highly recommend Paul Kowal to be your divorce lawyer!!Anonymous
"I hired him and he immediately went to work on my case. I would highly recommend Paul to others."Scott K.
Let's Get Started
Whether you have questions or you’re ready to get started, our legal team is ready to help. Complete our form below or call us at (586) 333-3446.